Monday, March 10, 2014

Camp Arrowhead, Day 2

I woke up because of an alarm clock on my phone. 7:30 am - too early for me. Please, I need one more hour...  My friend, Jordan Upchurch, whom I got to know better throughout the first day of activities, woke me up to remind that our group breakfast will be ready in thirty minutes. He was a Boy Scout.  
8:00 am - I am walking to the dining cabin (or as it is spelled at the camp, “dinning hall”)... Pancakes that were carefully made by our group leaders Katie Brady and Jordan, helped us successfully finish the first task of service. Making targets from the Styrofoam was pretty monotonous at the beginning, but after adding some nice music playing on the radio, the process became more energized. 24 targets in total - good teamwork! 

The most enjoyable part of the day was ATVing through the camp. I have never done it before, but challenging myself - is what I like to do. Jared Alexander, who is the head of the hosting Arrowhead camp (by the way, the nicest person), gave us very detailed instructions on how to ride ATV's, so I felt more confident and informed on how to use those awesome and loud four-wheelers. Another loud activity that we did today was shooting clay pigeons with rifles.  

The end of the day we celebrated around the fire making s'mores, singing Boy Scout songs and talking about how nice the time at Arrowhead camp is. 

Thanks to everyone who made this trip possible!


Samat Mambetshaev, Trip Participant

No comments:

Post a Comment