Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Three in One

It's the 4th day of our awesome trip, and probably the most busy day (which means I have a lot to say about it). After a really quick breakfast at 8, we headed for the first station: OTC. I've heard about OTC for a thousand times since I came here but I never know what they do. So I was really impressive when they introduce the middle collage program. They are helping students to find their career preferences.  I think they are doing a wonderful thing because for me, the biggest insecure in life is totally unsure about the future plan. We also had a nice talk with their ESL students. As a international student, I totally understand their struggle and I am ready to help them when I finish the trip. At noon, we went to the Salvation Army where hungry people can get free food monthly. We packed food from government, organizations and personal donation. The fulfillment is incredible when watched them take the food away.

We finish our work in Rare Breed( shelter for homeless teenager). By saying that we didn't actually have much work. We just eat with them and chat with them, but you'll never know what the accompany means for them.

Before I took this trip, I was doubted whether what I do will make a difference or will I really helped anyone. But after these days, I realize that it's just the beginning. Knowing their existence is the very first step of being helpful. It was excited to tell myself that there are awesome people out there doing awesome things! (yes, It took me 4 days to figure out what we've been told at the first day)
-Lee, Trip Participant

No comments:

Post a Comment